Monday 14 March 2011

Remake of an existing magazine


I am recreating a music magazine that is currently on the market mainly because I want to practice how to use the tools on Photoshop and find out how different things work before making my final music magazine. This is the magazine that I have chosen to recreate on Adobe Photoshop. I have chosen NME because I wanted to make something that was similar to my final magazine so that I can test out different tools and look at the layout that it uses. Also I have chosen this certain issue as it is simpler than others, so that it will not be too hard when first making this practice piece. When recreating the front cover I will try to make it as similar as possible.


Here is my recreation of the NME front cover. I think that it does look rather good, although it is not exact and I have found that it has helped me use Photoshop and prepared me for when making my final music magazine.

Good Points
- The placing of objects are in the correct places
-The colours used are almost identical
-The expressions on the peoples faces are close to the ones shown in the NME magazine.

Bad Points
-The fonts aren't very similar
-The mid shot image needed to be placed slightly higher
-The lighting on the mid shot image needs to be brightened

No comments:

Post a Comment