Tuesday 15 March 2011

Mock Up


This is what I plan my front page to look like. I have followed the codes and conventions of magazine making by displaying a list of bands at the bottom along with the bar code, and having the name of the magazine at the top of the page. I plan to use red and black as my main colours as they suit my genre.I will use a mid/ long shot of a person out of a band on the cover. The loctaion will be in the wood, most likely at the swing area. The member of the band will have volumous, bold hair and be wearing brightly coloured clothes.


 Here is the mock up of the contents page. I have followed on with the use of black and red to keep it consistent. In the three separate boxes I will use pictures of members of the bands that are featured in the magazine and emphasise that these are the main features of this issue. All of the other articles will be grouped together in the large rectangular box so that they are all together. At the top of the page it will simply say 'contents' and this will be written in an interesting looking font. 

Here is the mock up of my double page spread. The actual interveiw will be on the right hand side so that if needed it can continue of the next page. Also it will be placed here so that it doesn't draw attension away from the main image that will take up over half of the page. The main image will be a long shot of the two members of the band, holding their instruments, in the location of the beck which is in the woods. Above the interveiw will be a small picture of a mid/close up shot of the two members of the band to show their faces. The band name will be spread out along the top of the page in the font that it was written in on the front page to carry on the house style, and also to make it clear to the reader which band this article is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment