Tuesday 15 March 2011

Photography Planning

Now that I have arranged where my photo shoot may take place, I need to plan costume, props and what I want the models to do.

Costume



Hair- When I think of rock'n' roll/ indie bands I think of big, colourful hair. Therefore this is what I am going to have in my magazine. I will make sure that the band members have different coloured hair, and make it voluminous to make them stand out.






Clothing- As my magazine genre is rock/ indie I will have the band wearing something their usual clothes to make their style look individual, but add colourful jewellry such as beads to make it look more rock.

Make Up- The models will wear bold make up on either their eyes or lips so that it stands out, but at the same time isn't too much.

 <- Bright red lipstick


 Black eye liner ->








Props


Musical Instruments related to genre- Electric Guitars, microphone.


 Sunglasses










Cigarette












When doing my photo shoot, i will use props like these to make my magazine stand out, but still look music- related. I will use take ideas from these current music magazines with the way that they are holding/ using the props, for example if I choose to use the electric guitar then the band member will likely to be looking like they are playing it.

What will the band be doing?
Generally on the front cover of music magazines the image is a mid shot of a person/ people that are the main focus of the issue, so for mine I will follow this guidline. I may use some of the props showed above to show the reader that this is a music magazine.
For my double page spread I may use:

All of the band playing their instruments in one shot spread across the page.
A mid/ close up shot of the band members faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment