Tuesday 15 March 2011

Market Research

When carrying out my market research I created a questionnaire on the website 'Survey Monkey' and then inserted it onto Facebook to receive answers. Here are the results that I received:

I asked this question to find out what genre of magazine is the most popular at the moment with my target audience. I found that Kerrang was the most popular followed by NME. This has supported my idea of making a rock/indie magazine as these are the genres of these magazines. I gave the option of writing 'none' as I thought that if someone was going to give an answer, it should be a real one so that it didn't effect my results.
I made this question to find out what the most important feature in a music magazine so that I knew what to highlight on the front cover of my own music magazine. I found that the most important feature was interviews with bands so I will have to make it clear on the front cover what bands are included in the issue. I can team this up the 'lots of pictures' as it will brighten up not only the front page, but also the double page spread that is to be made. I will only write 'freebies' and 'competitions' using a smaller font, because when asked in the questionnaire people felt they were the least significant.


I made this question to find out what kind of bands people were currently listening to, so that I could incorporate them into my double page spread and front cover. Also it encouraged me to find out about bands/artists that I was not familiar with to see what their 'look' was so that it could give me inspiration when taking my pictures.

I chose this question because I needed help narrowing down the names that I could potentially use for my music magazine. The two most popular names were 'After Shock' and 'Fusion'; I think this was because they are the most snappy and different to magazines currently on the market. I will choose which name to use when actually creating my magazine to see which one suits the genre the best and is the most effective.

I found creating this questionnaire extremely helpful as it has given me ideas on what to focus my music magazine on and what people actually want in a magazine.





No comments:

Post a Comment