Sunday 24 April 2011

Look back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?





Looking back at my preliminary task I think that I have learnt a lot. The school magazine looks really empty in comparison to the music magazine, as there are less articles involved, less pictures and it there is lots of unused space.
The photograph's used in both magazines are extremely different not only because they are aimed at different target audiences, but because I have learnt what camera angles look more effective and how to use lighting to add to the genre. The front cover image on the school magazine is striking but doesn't look natural, where as in the music magazine the image is dark to fit in with the genre, at a high angle and look natural.
I have found that my skills with Photoshop have improved a lot. I can tell this because when looking at that front cover image again in the preliminary task the outline of the male looks jagged and not smooth at all.
It is clear that I have learnt how to set up a contents page as in the preliminary task it looks completely empty. There are barely any stories included in the magazine and also there is not an editors not, which isn't essential, but looks proffesional.
I have learnt what colours work well together and ones that compliment each other to make them stand out, wich is an essential technique when making a magazine.
Overall I think that i have gained many new skills, especially on Photoshop, and created a proffesional looking magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment