Sunday 24 April 2011

How does your media product represent particular social groups?

The genre to my music magazine is rock/indie and the target audience was from 15-27 year olds so I had to make the magazine look appealing for them to buy.
I tryed to use some of the ideas that other music magazines similar to mine use and adapt their strengths into mine.


To represent the social group that I was aiming at I tryed to use images that drew you in and that looked interesting. The image to the left is my front cover image and I tryed to use ideas from the image above to the right.
I decided to use drum sticks as props as it made it clear to the customer that this is a music magazine and also because the pose that is being struck is striking because of the drum sticks, making it more appealing to buy than other magazines.
In my image I used dark lighting as I thought that it made it look more 'rock'n'roll' as generally dark colours are associated with this genre, although this is a difference to the Kerrang magazine shown above as the image is rather light. Also this is why I used dark hair and dark subtle make up as it is keeping in with the genre and is similar to the Kerrang magazine front cover above.
My image uses a slightly high angeled shot to draw the reader in, and it makes them focus on the image. This is similar to the Kerrang above although they are using a long angeled shot to make it look more dramatic

No comments:

Post a Comment