Friday 25 February 2011

School Magazine



For the preliminary task I had to create a front cover and contents page for a school magazine using a mid shot for the featured picture on the front.
To begin with I drew out some possible ideas of layout onto a couple of sheets of paper.

The front cover..

Contents Page...

By taking inspiration from my plan I went onto taking relevant photos to add into my school magazine. I then created and manipulated the magazine using Adobe Photoshop. Here are the finished school magazine front cover and contents page…
Front Cover..
Contents Page..

I think that I have produced a good magazine for the preliminary task as I have followed the codes and conventions of magazine making. On the front page I have used a striking mast head and placed at the top of the page with the price of the magazine, used a mid shot image and used smaller fonts for the headlines that surround the picture. On the second page I have shown pictures that are relevant with headlines and also written the page number before saying what is on that page.
I named my magazine the 'Arrow' to suit the target audience (sixth form students) as it is pointing them in the right direction and to show that sixth form is creating a more successful future for them. Also to suit the target audience I have used bright colours to make it more appealing to read.
I photographed all of the images used in this preliminary task (apart from the 'sixth form pet') to give me some practice with composition and Adobe Photoshop before creating my music magazine. I did find manipulating the image quite difficult so it was a time consuming job, so I will have to practice using Photoshop further to enhance my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment